Groundwater site type
The codes and their meanings are:
- C - Collector or Ranney type well.
- D - Drain dug to intercept the water table or
potentiometric surface to either lower the
groundwater level or serve as a water supply.
- E - Excavation.
- H - Sinkhole.
- I - Interconnected wells, also called connector or
drainage wells; that is, a well interconnected via an
- M - Multiple wells. Use only for well field consisting of a
group of wells that are pumped through a single header and
for which little or no data about the individual wells are
- O - Outcrop.
- P - Pond dug to intercept the water table or
- S - Spring (used only on spring schedule).
- T - Tunnel, shaft, or mine from which groundwater is
- W - Well, for single wells other than wells of the collector or
- X - Test hole, not completed as a well.